Thursday, October 1, 2009

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXsYaBQGbM0


This right there describes me at the moment, and hopefully for a lifetime

Relying on the strength of an Everlasting God, can I get an AMEN!!!!!!?

So I haven't really ever done a blooowg about my summer, or what has really been going on since I returned from my amazing summer filled with God's intense teachings. So let me lay down a phat track for all you cats;

1. Decision to go to Barakel for the summer (best decision ever)
2. Became a YAP, not a counselor (wise decision on Dave's part)
3. Started studying James
A. Two major points I got from James (there are tons more, but it's 1230am)
1. Your actions begin in your mind
2. Your conduct begin in your thoughts
3. Why do I do what I do? Why do I respond the way I do? (James 4:1-10)
4. Psalm 51 (specifically v10-12)
A. It's become a major part of my prayer life, for God to clean my heart, to renew me each day and look for the joy in his salvation.
5. East to West visits Barakel (holy pete, what an awesome crew, had an amazing jam session that really gave me a new thought as to where God could take me in life!!!!)
6. Became a counselor (Wahoo! I loved my boys, one of them caught a 26in pike!)
7. His Ability Week.......wow, whatta week of inspiration and Godly people
8. Went home to.............?????????????
9. School
10. Blessings since School has started
A. Voice teacher (the dude who molds me for a professional singing career) is a Christian, all of a sudden he is more than a teach, but also a bro who is keeping me accountable and keeping me encouraged, YES!
B. Guitar prof- leads bible study for musicians, AMAZING YO'S!
C. PDizz- this Psalm 139 guru has been an amazing mentor in my life, grateful for him so hard
D. Able to pay my bizzills.
E. A roof over my head, food to eat, and a car to get to class with
F. HIS love peace joy salvation grace mercy
11. Future

Man you just got 11 tracks fo' free!!!! Praise God!!!! Hahahaha

So, having a talk with one of my sister's in Christ, just catching up, and she leaves me with a word of scripture for encouragement. Some of you may or may not know, but I commute to school. It's a decent little drive, and my car was involved in an accident two weeks ago. I borrow my dads truck, but his brakes go out last thursday. I really thought I was fine with it, just took it at face value, hey it's a car, I have my life....la dee da. Then the brakes went, and I was like a little shaken, here I was doing okay in midst of trial, and it just came again. I was discouraged, but of course that famous example of Job always humbles me to realizing....it could always be worse. I do have my car back now, I am waiting on getting some windows in it, but hey....it's drivable, Blessed be the name of the Lord.

So, as this bloowg gets wrapped up (I have an exam in less than 12 hours), let me leave all my brotha's and sista's with some word.

James 1:12
"God blesses those who patiently endure testing and temptation. Afterward they will recieve the crown of Life that God has promised to those that love Him."

Endure ya'll! Be encouraged!! God has better rewards for you than this world could ever offer!!!

Make War, Love God

Paz,

Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment